Guidance for Easter eggs made with sorbian technique
1. I cut the upper ends of chicken feathers or quills into different forms.
2. I put a small and a large pin into two pencils.
3. I mix beeswax
and white candle wax
in equal parts.
4. I bend an old scoop
or a large spoon and fasten it for example in a yoghurt cup with gypsum
5. I warm up the wax with a buffet warmer candle
and keep attention that the wax does not boil.
6. I dip the feather or the pin into the liquid wax and make the ornament on the egg
. I take the stamp fast off from the egg, so that the wax does not become too solid.
7. First I colour the egg in a bright colour
. Under the wax there remains the white colour of the egg.
8. When the colour is dry I can make the second layer
of wax on the first colour film.
9. I can repeat the procedure laying wax on – colouring several times
10. Only after the last colouring procedure
I remove the wax in the baking-oven or with the hot air pistol and the coloured ornament will appear.